The most wonderful time of the year is upon us, and with it comes another time of year. The sickness season 🙁 This is the time of year when all the “gunk” goes around. Stomach bugs, flu, sore throats, colds, you name it and I am sure you know someone who has had it.
How can you battle the sick season? How can you make sure that just because one person has a bug the rest of the family don’t get it?
It isn’t easy, but it can be done! Here are some ways you can battle sickness season!
- Wash your hands-constantly! Keep a big bottle of germ X in a central location and encourage everyone to use it. Keeping hands as clean as possible is a good way to avoid sickness season.
- Clorox everything! Purchase a big container of sanitizing wipes and wipe things down twice a day. Door knobs, toilet handles, sink faucets and anything else that you all touch regularly.
- Quarantine– This can be done even in small houses. Set up a place for each child who is sick and encourage them to stay there. Give them their own blankets and pillows and take them things like books, water, electronics or books. This keeps the sickness in one area instead of throughout the whole house.
- Stock up BEFORE it hits! Keep things on hand that you know you will need if the kids get sick. Things like Tylenol, Pedialyte, Chicken Noodle Soup, Sherbet, juices, and other things your kids like while they are sick.
- Wipe off buggies- If you go to the grocery store wipe off the handle and the sides of the cart. Just in case!
Another way to keep sickness season at bay is to stay home when you or your kids are sick. This keeps from spreading the illness to others, and helps keep you and your family from catching another illness while your immune system is down.
With these tips hopefully you and your family can stay healthy and well this year!