Looking for some fun, local activities to do as a family this month? Look no further! We have scoured local websites to find family friendly activities in and around the Glendale area this month.
- Christmas in July-located in Historic Downtown Glendale and Catlin Court, Christmas in July is a fun filled day full of Holiday crafts, treats, deals and of course-Santa! July 18th from 10-4
- Music in the Park-Located in Murphy Park, this is a favorite summer tradition. The concert series takes place each Thursday at 8 pm, and ends July 23rd. Be sure to pack a lawn chair or blanket, and plan for a fun filled family evening with great music!
- Lego Mania! –Glendale Main library is offering a Lego program for kids ages 3-12. Children will be allowed to use their imagination to build a creative masterpiece! Program is Tuesday’s from 2-3
- Bingo! The Velma Teague Library is offering a fun game of bingo for kids ages 5-12. The award will be a book and a choice prize from the Youth Department’s treasure chest. Wednesdays from 2-3
- Craft Time! Miss Janet at the Velma Teague Library is guiding children through the fun task of making a sun visor craft! Program will be July 9th from 4-5.
- Puppet Show! Foot Hills Library will be offering the Hotel Saguaro Puppet show on July 15th from 2-3 pm. The puppet show is about a young saguaro named Sammy who learns how important his role is to the desert.
- Play and Learn! Have preschoolers? Velma Teague library is offering a perfect opportunity for creative play and socialization. Parents will learn the importance of play to a child’s brain and skill development. Age range is 1-5, and event will be held on July 14th from 10-11.
These are just a few of the fun things going on in our area this month. So, get outside, and enjoy spending time with your family!